Purple Haven Lavender Chamomile Latte
Makes 1 cup of tea
1 tablespoon Purple Haven Lavender Chamomile Loose Tea
3/4 cup boiling water
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon Purple Haven lavender vanilla infused sugar or(brown sugar, sweetener, white sugar)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of lavender honey or honey
- Steep tea in boiling water for at least 5 minutes, covered. Make sure you use a tea pot with a cover. Check out how to make a cup of tea.
- While the tea is steeping, simmer milk in a small saucepan on the stove. Add the honey and vanilla to simmering milk. Using a handheld frother, froth the warm milk until it is fluffy and cloud like (about 30 seconds).
- When the tea is done steeping, strain the tea leaves . Pour into a cup Add sugar Stir until dissolved.
- Top the cup of tea with the frothed milk.
- Drizzle top with a bit more honey and cinnamon to garnish and serve immediately.
If you have an electric milk frother/steamer, you can use that instead. I have a coffee machine with a steamer, so I use that. But if you don’t have any of these devices, you can whisk the warm milk in the saucepan by hand until it gets frothy.
Remember do not boil the milk just simmer it. To prevent the milk from curdling, heat the milk gently over medium-low heat.
Try adding the lavender sugar to the milk as you are simmering on the stove. This adds an extra level of flavor to the tea.